Visit Our Chiropractor In Fort Walton For Back Pain Treatment
If you're looking for a chiropractor Fort Walton Beach trust to provide safe back pain treatment, then you just might be in luck. Dr. Andrew Godwin of Progressive Health Clinic, LLC, has the training and expertise patients look for in a back pain chiropractor. Dr. Godwin treats upper and lower back pain caused by accident or sports injuries, poor posture, and degenerative diseases.
Back Pain Common Causes
The back houses the spine, which consists of bones, joints, nerves, and intervertebral discs. Muscles, tendons, and ligaments surround the spine and keep it stable yet, flexible. The lower spine is the most flexible segment of the vertebrae. It is more prone to injury and pain due to factors such as muscle or ligament strain, bulging or ruptured discs, or sciatica. Other common causes are lifting heavy objects the wrong way, inflammation from osteoarthritis, and spinal irregularities like scoliosis or vertebral misalignment.
Common Back Pain Symptoms
Signs and symptoms may vary based on the root cause and the area of the back affected. General symptoms include:
- Dull aching, sharp, stabbing, or burning pain
- Muscle ache, spasm, or stiffness
- Decreased range of motion
- Pain that improves or worsens with movement
If the upper back is affected, the pain may radiate to the shoulder, chest, arm, or hand. Issues affecting the lower back, like sciatica, may cause referred pain in the buttock, leg, or feet. Numbness, tingling, or weakness may also occur in the upper or lower extremities due to a compressed nerve.
Back Pain Treatment by a Chiropractor Fort Walton Residents Trust
We will evaluate your symptoms and perform an x-ray or other diagnostic tests to determine why your back hurts. We may go ahead and treat you if the issue relates to a spinal or musculoskeletal injury or condition. Here is a brief look at the pain-relief techniques and therapies we use:
- Chiropractic Care: Involves using the hands or a small instrument to move the spinal joints back into alignment. This back pain treatment technique relieves upper and lower back pain. It also improves leg pain from sciatica since it eases the pressure on the spinal nerves and discs.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture helps reduce pain, swelling, and inflammation. This ancient Chinese therapy also reduces stress and muscle tension.
- Nutritional Counseling: We may recommend a healthy diet to prevent or improve pain that results from inflammation. Eating healthy even helps to improve immunity and body function.
Contact Us to Schedule an Appointment
Untreated back pain usually grows worse with time and can lead to loss of mobility, missed workdays, or reduced quality of life. Why not avoid all this by visiting Progressive Health Clinic, LLC, for treatment by a chiropractor Fort Walton Beach, FL, patients vouch for. Call 850-374-3926 to request a consultation.