Shoulder pain is something that will affect the vast majority of people at some point in life. The shoulder is an immensely complex structure with muscles and tendons pulling hard in divergent directions under constant dynamic tension. It’s a structure that gives us supreme versatility of movement, but it’s also one that is inevitably bound to develop pain.
Here at Progressive Health Clinic LLC in Fort Walton Beach, FL, our chiropractor, Dr. Andrew Godwin D.C., works with patients with shoulder pain and related symptoms on a regular basis. Dr. Godwin and his staff will work with you closely to develop a comprehensive plan to treat your shoulder pain, restore range of motion, and help you get back to doing what you love to do.
Common Shoulder Pain and Injury Conditions
Because of the complexity of the shoulder joint and related connective tissues, there is a wide range of injuries and pain symptoms that are common to the shoulder. They include:
- Separation: Injuries affecting the connection between the shoulder blade and the collar bone can cause pain and weakness.
- Dislocation: Rotating the shoulder too far or being pulled back too rapidly can cause the top of the arm to be dislodged from the socket.
- Torn Cartilage: Repetitive motion can wear down the cartilage in the shoulder joint over time.
- Fracture: Anytime we fall, we tend to try to break our fall with an arm. This can cause fractures to the collar bone and other bones in the shoulder, as can direct impacts to shoulder bones.
- Torn Rotator Cuff: The group of muscles and tendons known as the rotator cuff that make it possible to raise the arm above the head can be damaged through overuse or strenuous use.
- Impingement: The rotator cuff can become pinched between the bones of the shoulder, a painful condition that can cause a severe loss of range of motion.
- Frozen Shoulder: After an injury, abnormal tissue bands can build up inside the shoulder, freezing it in position.
- Bursitis: The fluid filled sac called the bursa can become swollen and cause pain.
Any of these conditions can be triggered or exacerbated by Osteoarthritis or Rheumatoid arthritis.
How Chiropractic Treatment Can Help
Specializing in treating conditions affecting the musculoskeletal system, our chiropractic care professional will use treatments designed to reduce pain and restore strength and mobility. Through adjustment, rehabilitative exercise, nutritional counseling, and lifestyle advice, shoulder pain can be successfully treated in the vast majority of cases. Call Today to Make an Appointment
If you're in pain and don't want to be any longer, we're here for you at Progressive Health Clinic LLC. Call us today to schedule an appointment in Fort Walton Beach.